MCE Society, The Parent body of PAI College of VEDA is all about charity from antiquity. Maharashtra Cosmopolitan Education Society (MCES), was established in the year 1948 with an objective of providing education to the economically, educationally and socially weaker sections of the society.
It is an educational society registered under the Society Registration Act of 1860 and also a Public Trust registered under the Bombay Public Trust Act 1950. It is also registered under section 12(a)of Income Tax Act 1961 and is exempted u/s 80G of the said Act by the Income Tax Commissioner, Pune.
Our Key- Charitable Projects are as follows
- Providing Computer Labs to Municipal Corporations Schools : MCE Society’s charity is not just limited to needy and poors of its own institutions. We go one step further and provide computer education with computers to many unprivileged municipal corporation schools of Pune. Under this scheme more than 10,000 students are getting computer literacy every year.
- Providing Computer Labs to other Minority Schools: Other than Municipal Schools, MCE Society has donated computer labs and english labs to such schools where the management is not capable to fund the same. We not only provide them computes but also arrange computer teachers, furniture , Internet and even spoken English teachers to these schools
Statistics of Above Schemes:
- Total number of computer center = 55
- Total number of schools covered = 91
- Total number of computers provided = 3500
- Total number of strength of beneficiary students till date= 2,36,596
- Total number of computes Instructors appointed = 108
- Total salary per month = Rs. 5,96,000
- Total expenditure including setup cost + bills +prizes + competitions = 13,00,00,000.
For more information check :
Center for Spoken English Skills Development for within campus schools, outside campus & Pune Municipal Corporation Primary Schools
For excellence in spoken English and to make students of Vernacular Medium perfect in right accent, Pronunciation, tone, especial Center separately in vernacular medium schools have been started.
- Good English Teachers have been appointed.
- Student Total Strength – 8683 / Per Year
- Total No. of Teachers – 72
- Total Expenses on logistics and salary is Rs. 6,04,565/- per Month
Helping the Have Not’s to come in mainstream: Approx 95% students coming in the schools run and supported by MCE Society come from nearby slums and Jhuggi Basti. The family struggles under Below Poverty Line and least bothered about spending on Quality Education for their wards. In this case MCE Society provide Partial or Full Scholarship to the students specially girl child so that they can continue their education. We try to provide the best technical resources to these boys and girls so that they can also find their place in 21st century society.
Where you can Help: MCE society welcomes those kind hearts who want to give a bit of their time and talent to make a better society through our initiative. Here are some initial ideas where you can be a great help
- Become mentor of our kids: Share your knowledge and expertise to guide our students.
- Provide learning applications or aid
- Support in their competitive examination fees.
- Donate stationery
We welcome you to contact us with the ideas or thoughts you may have for a better support. You can write to us on principal[at]veda-edu[dot][com]
Please note that all the Donation to MCE Society is Tax Free under 80G.