MCE Society, the parent body of PAI College of VEDA, is all about charity from antiquity. Maharashtra Cosmopolitan Education Society (MCES) was established in 1948 to provide education to the economically, educationally and socially weaker sections of the society.
It is an educational society registered under the Society Registration Act of 1860, and also a Public Trust registered under the Bombay Public Trust Act 1950. It is also registered under section 12(a) of the Income Tax Act 1961. It is exempted u/s 80G of the said Act by the Income Tax Commissioner, Pune.
OUR KEY CHARITABLE PROJECTS
- Providing Computer Labs to Municipal Corporations Schools
MCE Society’s charity is not just limited to the needy and poor of its own institutions. We go one step further and provide computer education with computers to many unprivileged municipal corporation schools of Pune. Under this scheme, more than 10,000 students are getting computer literacy every year.
- Providing Computer Labs to other Minority Schools
Other than municipal schools, MCE Society has donated computer labs and English labs to schools where the management is not capable of funding the same. We provide computers and arrange computer teachers, furniture, Internet and even spoken English teachers for these schools.
STATISTICS OF ABOVE SCHEMES
- Computer centers = 55
- Schools covered = 91
- Computers provided = 3500
- Total beneficiary students till date= 2,36,596
- Computes Instructors appointed = 108
- Total salary per month = Rs. 5,96,000
- Total expenditure including setup cost, bills, prizes & competitions = 13,00,00,000.
For more information, check :
CENTER FOR SPOKEN ENGLISH SKILLS DEVELOPMENT FOR WITHIN CAMPUS SCHOOLS, OUTSIDE CAMPUS & PUNE MUNICIPAL CORPORATION PRIMARY SCHOOLS
For excellence in spoken English and to make students of vernacular medium speak in the right accent, with correct pronunciations & tone, society has set up special centers separately in vernacular medium schools.
- Good English Teachers have been appointed
- Student Impacted – 8683 per year
- Total Teachers – 72
- Total Expenses on logistics and salary is Rs. 6,04,565/- per month
Helping the Have Not’s to come in mainstream:
Approximately 95% of students in schools run and supported by the MCE Society come from nearby slums and jhuggi bastis. Many families are Below Poverty Line and are not in a position to spend on Quality Education for their children. The MCE Society provides partial or full scholarships to such students, especially girls, so that they can complete their education. We try to give these boys and girls the best technical resources so that they can find their place in 21st century society.
How you can Help:
MCE Society welcomes those kind hearts who want to give a bit of their time and talent to better the society through our initiative. Here are some initial ideas where you can be a great help –
- become a mentor of our kids; share your knowledge and expertise to guide our students
- provide learning applications or aid
- support in their competitive examination fees
- donate stationery
We welcome you to contact us with any ideas or thoughts you may have for better support. You can write to us on principal[at]veda-edu[dot][com]
Please note that all the Donation to MCE Society is Tax-Free under 80G.