Placement Rules and Regulations
A. ELIGIBILITY & REGISTRATION
- Students seeking placement assistance will be eligible for that particular year from the date of admission.
- Placement registration is for current academic year only.
- Placement Assistance is an OPTIONAL facility provided to the students by the institute for which registration is not mandatory and is left to the student’s discretion.
- Registrations for placement shall commence on completion of the academic year.
- Students having 2 or more backlogs are advised not to register for placements.
- Portfolio submission is mandatory for registration. Without the same, student(s) would not be allowed to register for placements. Evidence of submission of portfolio should be taken from the Project guide and submitted to placement cell at least 7 days before placement registration begins.
- Students who were awarded their degrees but could not be placed in the previous year will not be allowed to re-register.
- Re-registration for placement would not be allowed. Only students who have lost their job due to genuine reasons or have asked for courses extension shall be allowed re-registration
- Students will be provided their official email id at the time of admission and are advised to send across their updated resume.The Resume must be in the prescribed format only, a template of which is available on the placement website (www.veda-edu.com).
- Resumes need to be submitted in the stipulated time. No requests for accepting Resumes after the said date will be accepted and the DEADLINE to submit Resumes shall NOT BE EXTENDED under any circumstances.
- Resume once submitted cannot be modified.
- Details mentioned in the Resume will be taken as genuine and any student found violating this code shall be disallowed from the process for the rest of the academic year.
- Students are advised to be aware of announcements made either physically or on the notice board or through our website (www.veda-edu.com)and apply only if interested.
- Where the student intends to apply to organization(s) we announce, it is advisable to know more about them and their activity from their websites.
C. PRE- PLACEMENT ACTIVITIES
- Notice for Pre- placement activities shall be published on our website (www.veda-edu.com). Students are advised to keep track of the same.
- Students who fail to attend the pre-placement sessions will not be entitled for Placement Assistance from the institute.
- The Institute will organize pre-placement activities to groom students’ soft-skills and technical skills. Student remaining absent consistently from these pre- placement activities, shall not be eligible for placement assistance from the institute.
D. PLACEMENT PROCESS
- It is the responsibility of the student to check for announcements/ notices/ updates /shortlisted names etc. on the notice boards/ website of the institute (www.veda-edu.com).
- Students are expected to arrive in time as per the announcements.
- ATTENDANCE: Minimum attendance should be 80% and shall be considered right from the date on admission to the institute.
- Student who gets shortlisted is bound to go through the entire selection process, unless rejected by the prospective employer. Failingto do so, the student will not be allowed any further placement assistance for the rest of the academic year.
- Late arrival for interviews, registration process etc is actively discouraged by the institute. Student(s) who do not comply will not be allowed to continue further in the process.
- DISCIPLINE: Students should maintain discipline and display good, ethical behavior in every action during the placement process. Any student found violating the discipline rules set by the prospective employer or defaming the institute will be disallowed from placements assistance for the rest of the academic year.
- Students found cheating or misbehaving in the process will not be allowed any further placement assistance for the rest of the academic year.
- Every student will be given a maximum of 3 attempts to crack an interview.
E. JOB OFFERS
- Each student is eligible for a minimum of one offer.
- In case of multiple offers, where there is a delay from the prospective employer’s side in announcing the results, the student is bound to accept the offer whose result is already declared.
- In case of multiple offers to a student, where the results are declared at the same time, the student may choose from the available offers in hand and inform the placement office of his choice, within 24 hours of announcement of results.
- On accepting an offer, the student is effectively out of the placement assistance system.
- Job offer: Announcement on the institute’s website (www.veda-edu.com) is considered a firm offer. Offer(s) received from prospective employer(s) must be acknowledged by the student as per timings in circular / notice. Responsibility of going through the offer and taking requisiteactions such as submission of documents etc. lies entirely with the student. Offer(s) received directly by the student from the employer must be intimated to the Placement office.
- A copy of the Offer letter must be submitted to the institute’s office &post-placement formality completed.
- MEDICAL TEST: The Placement office assumes that every selected student will pass the medical test (if required). If there is a rejection at this stage, the student registration will be renewed and the student becomes eligible once again to seek placement through our institute.
- JOINING STATUS: A student who decides not to join the company after accepting the offer, must inform the company in writing with reasons and submit a copy of the same to the Placement In- charge of the institute.
- DRESS CODE: Students must dress formally whenever they participate in interactions with prospective employer(s). The Institute reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the selection process where the latter’s attire is found unsatisfactory.
- IDENTITY CARDS: Students must have on their person their identity cards whenever they go through a placement process.
- For matters not covered by the above regulations, the Placement Office shall use its discretion to take appropriate decisions/ action.